XERTEFORTEACHERS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

XERTEFORTEACHERS Home

XERTEFORTEACHERS  October 2014

XERTEFORTEACHERS October 2014

Re: Media not showing in Blackboard

Alistair McNaught <[log in to unmask]>

A list to facilitate and support teachers using Xerte Online Toolkits <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Oct 2014 08:16:06 +0000

Here's my results:
IE - no problem at all - worked really well (it's a great learning object as well - can I have a copy for the Xerte Showcase area?)
GoogleChrome - slide 10 not working reliably - ok on refresh but not first time through. When it broke it also hung the table of contents feature.
FireFox - no problems.

Filesize (262kb) may be the issue if there's a dodgy connection but I've used bigger files myself and got away with it. File dimensions (765 x 643) might be an issue because it is being shrunk a lot to fit in the space but these are the wild guesses of a non technical person and I suspect the technical list - http://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/Xerte  - might have more considered answers :-)

An alternative way of doing slide 10 might be using a  hotspot image connector to allow you more screen space and less file squashing to fit - like http://vle.jisctechdis.ac.uk/xerte/play_806

Alistair