GIS Analyst - 6 month Temporary Contract
Hours: 36 hr
Pay: £15 - £18
Application Deadline: 19/09/2014
For More information: [log in to unmask]
Applicants must be able to prove they can work in the UK for the period of the Contract.
Candidates will have had at least 3 years experience with GIS platforms, preferably ArcGIS, and/or an equivalent GIS Degree and knowledge of Business Intelligence Systems is desirable but not essential. Candidates must also be self sufficient and able to manage and prioritise their workload effectively given very tight deadlines.
The main activities will include:
• Editing, updating, manipulating and archiving datasets from a variety of sources in GIS to assist in maintaining the Council's Corporate GIS Database and assisting the linking of these with other Council Databases. Using primarily ArcGIS Editor, FME workbench 2012/14 and Microsoft SQL Management studio.
• Quickly author high quality maps to tight deadlines using ArcMap.
• Assist in maintaining the Council’s online digital maps via a ESRI web mapping platform
• Meeting frequently with various departments across the Council to gather requirements for mapping related tasks. Candidates will be expected to collate, record and then action these in accordance with a given timeframe
• Maintain, update and create metadata.
Experience in the following tools is-
• ArcGIS Desktop v10.x
• FME Workbench 2012/14
• Sharepoint 2010
• Python 2.7+
• Microsoft SQL Management Studio (2008+)
• Microsoft Business Intelligence toolset
• ESRI UK LocalView Fusion
• ArcGIS Online
This is a unique opportunity to work in a department where Business Intelligence and GIS are very closely integrated. As such there is the potential for candidates to get involved in a range data and spatial analytics in support of Business Intelligence for project across the Council.
If you’re interested please contact Peter Kohler for a detailed job description ([log in to unmask])
Due to Council’s employment regulations candidates will be required to sign up to a free Contract Company www.umbrellacontracts.co.uk and upload their C.V.
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: