We are currently looking for a EO / GIS Analyst to join our team at our head office in Harwell, Oxfordshire. The position is a full time. permanent role and and salary will depend on your knowledge and experiences.
Rezatec helps businesses better manage their land-based assets by making use of the increasingly sophisticated but complex array of Earth Observation (EO) imagery and data available. We do this through our unique landscape intelligence platform aggregating large amounts of diverse data from satellites, airborne and ground instruments, applying relevant modelling and using our mapping, measuring and monitoring techniques with best-in-class technology to provide critical decision support for our customers
The role will include the acquisition, management, analysis and presentation of geospatial datasets and will be based at our head office in Harwell, Oxfordshire.
You will work on specific projects within the agriculture, water, forestry, energy and carbon sectors. You will also assist in the development of a web server based, global geospatial data repository comprising of environmental, biodiversity and social tempo-spatial datasets.
The role will suit a confident, team-orientated individual with proven ability to meet challenging deadlines within a dynamic environment. The applicant should have a degree in a science related subject and either an MSc in a GIS or remote sensing discipline, or have equivalent working experience in this area. Experience with environmental data is an advantage but we will accept applications from other industries as long as the applicant can demonstrate their knowledge in geospatial information.
Any experience you have working with an SME or start-up company would also be an advantage. The successful candidate must be able to commute to the Harwell office.
• Firm understanding of GIS and EO concepts, such as projections, formats and metadata
• Experience with GIS and EO software, for example QGIS, ArcGIS, Erdas Imagine, ENVI, GRASS
• Demonstrable knowledge of GIS and EO techniques for processing and analysing geospatial datasets
• Data management skills - ensuring standards and measures are met for efficient data storage and discovery
• Scripting skills, in particular, but not limited to, Python
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Someone who can work on their own initiative as well as within a team and can make a contribution into applied techniques and processes
• Web mapping technologies, for example Erdas Apollo, ArcGIS for server, Geoserver
• Spatial Databases, for example PostGreSQL+ PostGIS, Oracle Spatial
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, please forward your CV and covering letter to Louise Bermingham at [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe or modify your gis-jobs settings, please visit: