Help for MCG Archives

MCG Archives

MCG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MCG Home

MCG  August 2014

MCG August 2014

Complete the 2014 Digital Culture benchmarking survey

Tandi Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:41:18 +0000

Dear all

Make sure you don't miss out on the 2014 Digital Culture benchmarking survey - open now.

This year is the second year in the three-year 'Digital Culture' research programme, which is tracking technological innovation in the arts and culture in England.

In 2014 we found many museums are actively using in digital technologies for operations and marketing, and in many cases, to create and curate. But despite the range of activity occurring - only 5% of museums reported major impacts on their overall profitability at that time. Museums were much less likely to experience positive impacts than galleries, performing arts venues and producing companies.

Twelve months on, the picture may well be very different. It is critical that we develop a comprehensive and up to date picture of the opportunities for museums.

Are we seeing impacts in terms of how we work, how we manage our collections and the experiences we create for visitors? Or is technology draining valuable resources from other priorities? Seeing how the use of digital in the sector is evolving is vitally important for all of us. It helps museum professionals make informed decisions about technology. It also ensures funders develop great support mechanisms, and bring energy to worthwhile initiatives.

A BIG thank you to those who have already participated. For those that are yet to be a part of it - please contact me for your unique link to the 2014 survey.

With thanks and regards,

Tandi Williams
Research Manager, Digital R&D Fund for the Arts, Nesta
+44 (0)20 7438 2676 | +44 (0)7717 410 647 | @tandi_will<https://twitter.com/tandi_will>

Visit Native<http://native.artsdigitalrnd.org.uk/>, the home of R&D in the arts, to access fresh insight and features from collaborative digital projects across England

Nesta...

1 Plough Place
London
EC4A 1DE

www.nesta.org.uk<http://www.nesta.org.uk> | Newsletter<http://www.nesta.org.uk/newsletter_signup> | Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/nesta_uk> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1868227&goback=%2Egdr_1274367066783_1> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/NESTA/116788428355432?v=wall&ref=sgm>
This email and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. Any use, copying or disclosure other than by the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately via +44 (0)20 7438 2500 or by email to [log in to unmask] and delete this message and any copies from your computer and network. The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Nesta. Nesta is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 7706036 and charity number 1144091. Registered as a charity in Scotland number SC042833. Registered office: 1 Plough Place, London, EC4A 1DE.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg