JISC-SHIBBOLETH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

JISC-SHIBBOLETH Home

JISC-SHIBBOLETH  August 2014

JISC-SHIBBOLETH August 2014

Re: Kerberos and LDAP

caleb racey <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion list for Shibboleth developments <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Aug 2014 08:19:20 +0000

This is the most up to date docs we have produced on how the SPNEGO an IDP  they are still relevant.

It's slightly out of date in that our wireless networks no longer interfere with SPNEGO so we no longer reject the wireless "magpie" IPs  (that line is well commented in the javascript)

Overall SPNEGO works well.  Maybe too well, one of the problems we are coming across is a lack of awareness among the user base (particularly the executive)  that things are behind a login.  Since the SPNEGO login is seamless  it flashes past.  While we try to make sure apps have a unified look and feel  (e.g. you are logged in as line in the top left)  user can miss it.  However this is a minor problem.