Swansea University - ESRC Administrative Data Research Centre - [Closing date has been extended to 27th May]
Four new innovative Administrative Data Research Centres (ADRCs) and an Administrative Data Service (ADS) have been funded by the ESRC to undertake research that aims to strengthen the UK's competitive advantage in Big Data.
The ADRCs and ADS together form the Administrative Data Research Network (ADRN) which will enable research based on linked data between government departments and be overseen by a single governance structure that will allow for consistent and robust decision-making.
At the core of the ESRC's Big Data Network are the centres to be led by the Universities of Southampton and Edinburgh, Swansea University and Queens University Belfast, with the administrative data service based at the University of Essex. This new network will aim to make a significant contribution to ensuring the future sustainability of UK research competitiveness, supporting the UK in maximizing its innovation potential and driving economic growth.
The centres will make routinely collected administrative data accessible for research in ways that prevent the identification of individuals, while providing a sound evidence base to inform research, and policy development, implementation and evaluation. This requires not just the development of a safe, secure and efficient system for linking, managing and analysing administrative data, founded on secure technologies, but on trust between data owners, researchers and other interested parties including the public.
The Administrative Data Research Network (ADRN) consists of the following:
* Administrative Data Service, University of Essex and Manchester University
* Administrative Data Research Centre - England, University of Southampton
* Administrative Data Research Centre - Northern Ireland, Queens University Belfast
* Administrative Data Research Centre - Scotland, University of Edinburgh
* Administrative Data Research Centre - Wales, Swansea University and Cardiff University
ADRC-Wales is based in Swansea and Cardiff universities and has close collaborative links with Welsh Government. The centre is staffed by a team whose function is to support researchers coming through the ADRN network. ADRC-Wales builds upon recent investments by the MRC and ESRC into both Swansea and Cardiff universities and establishes Wales at the forefront of data research.
We are now recruiting for: (Click on Link)
* Data Manager / Research Officer http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AIO143/data-manager-research-officer
* Research Officer http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AIO145/research-officer
* Senior Research Officer (Statistician) http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AIO146/senior-research-officer
* Research Information Governance Officer http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AIO142/research-information-governance-officer
Or view all at: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/enhanced/linking/swansea2014/index.html
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.