Help for ALLSTAT Archives

ALLSTAT Archives

allstat@jiscmail.ac.uk

ALLSTAT Home

ALLSTAT  April 2014

ALLSTAT April 2014

WORKSHOP: Bayes Lectures 2014, University of Edinburgh, May 28th and 29th: Application deadline 2 May

Colin Aitken <[log in to unmask]>

Colin Aitken <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:39:41 +0100

REMINDER:  Application deadline 2 May.

If you wish to receive an invitation, please contact the organisers by
the end of May 2nd.

                Bayes Lectures 2014, University of Edinburgh

The invited lecturers and titles of their talks are:

-----------

Alan Gelfand (Duke University, USA)

  Wildfires in South Africa, Cherry Trees in Japan

--------------------

Sonia Petrone (Universita  Bocconi, Italy)

Improving Prediction from Dirichlet Process Mixtures via
Enrichment

----------------

Max Welling (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands)

Bayes in the Age of Big Data

------------------

John Winn (Microsoft Research, UK)

Probabilistic programming - the future of Bayesian inference?

---------------------

The Schools of Mathematics and of Informatics at The University of
Edinburgh are organizing a series of lectures on Bayesian statistics
on Wed 28 and Thurs 29 May 2014. These lectures are named after the
Reverend Thomas Bayes, a former student of the University of Edinburgh
from 1719 to c. 1722, and are supported by the Principal's Fund of the
University.

This research workshop will run from 2pm on Wednesday 28 to 3pm on
Thursday 29 May. In addition to the lectures there will be open
discussion sessions, and there may be a poster session on Wednesday if
there is sufficient interest.  There are a number of places still open
for  attendance at the workshop. Participation is by invitation only.
We encourage anyone who is interested to apply for an invitation by
sending an email to [log in to unmask] with the
following information:

   Name:
   Affiliation:
   Position:
   Web site:
   Dietary requirements for lunch:
   Title and abstract of poster (optional):
   Please describe briefly your reasons for requesting attendance:

We welcome submissions for short talks and/or posters. If you wish to
contribute, please include a proposed title and abstract in your
registration email.

For full consideration applications should be received by 2nd May 2014.
There is no registration fee.  However, we regret that we do not have
funds available to cover the travel or accommodation of participants.

Website:  http://conferences.inf.ed.ac.uk/bayeslectures/

Colin Aitken (School of Mathematics, University of Edinburgh)
Natalia Bochkina (School of Mathematics, University of Edinburgh)
Chris Williams (School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh)

--
Professor Colin Aitken,
Professor of Forensic Statistics,

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

SIGNOFF allstat