BRITARCH  January 2014

BRITARCH January 2014

R: Re: [BRITARCH] Rome

Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:30:02 +0100

I think taxis are €30 from Ciampino airport and €48 from Fiumicino airport,
both to central Rome.
These are the white (official) taxis (you'll find them in the "taxi" queue)
with a meter and usually sign on the side saying prices to/from airports.
Best to ignore all other offers!
Or there's a train from Fiumicino into Termini train station (central);
Ciampino (smaller airport but closer to town) is connected by buses.
Book-wise (non-archaeological!): I'd say "The Dark Heart of Italy" by Tobias
Jones...!
Have a good time!

SW