Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Newsletter Templates

Log Out

Change Password

Re: 'let me show you my vinyl record collection'

Charlotte Frost <[log in to unmask]>

Charlotte Frost <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 27 Oct 2013 10:09:56 +0800

text/plain

It has indeed been very US-Euro centric and I had really hoped to get some
other experiences into the mix but I've failed. All throughout the month
(and for months before hand) I've been contacting people explaining the
list discussion and some of my aims and offering them low-maintenance ways
of contributing (for example rather than subscribing to the list, emailing
me an account that could be passed on with me directing questions back to
them as they arise). This has worked for many, but many more haven't had
time to contribute or, as is the nature of this type of research, I
haven't known who the right people are to contact them in the first place.
However, what I have heard, which is kind of exciting, is that there's
been lots of off-list conversation (as you mention below at Riga) and I
have had quite a few people write to me privately to inform me of the
types of discussions they've been having. I guess in that sense a
distributed and quite oral history has been articulated again and that
will have value in itself - whether all of it is written down or not.

Charlotte