ASLIB Copyright Policies course re-scheduled for 14 November with Naomi Korn
*** Apologies For Cross-Posting ***
Book one ASLIB training course from the Autumn 2013 programme and get 10% discount on another Autumn 2013 course.
Copyright Policies, Dealing with Infringements, and Risk Management
Next course date:14 November 2013
Cost:ASLIB Members: £280 plus VAT
Non-members: £350 plus VAT
Develop a toolkit for dealing with infringements of copyright, managing risk and developing suitable policies and procedures.
This workshop is for senior managers, project leaders and decision makers who have an understanding of copyright law by having attended one of the basic courses on copyright and wish to learn more. This workshop will develop a toolkit for dealing with copyright issues and participants will consider staff and user expectations and how to create an environment where copyright is handled appropriately.
The programme will cover:
Dealing with infringements of copyright, managing risk and developing suitable policies and procedures
Planning requirements and restrictions
Institutional copyright policy: internal management of rights as well as copyright and licensing compliance
How copyright policies can be successfully implemented and enforced
* Why you should attend:
* Copyright and licensing are important strategic issues for information professionals, the effective management of which can reduce the risks of copyright infringements and create more efficient working practices.
* The afternoon will build upon the areas covered in the morning by facilitating the development of an institutional copyright policy covering both the internal management of rights as well as copyright and licensing compliance for the use of third party materials held by the institution. The session will be concluded with an examination of how copyright policies can be successfully implemented and enforced.
* Using a lively presentation style, course leader Naomi Korn will encourage active participation in a relaxed and friendly learning environment. Naomi is an IP Consultant with expertise in copyright, licensing, rights management and rights exploitation.
On completing the course, you will be able to:
* Identify the need for a structured and strategic approach to copyright
* Examine how to deal with copyright infringements
* Explore how to manage risk effectively
* Produce a plan for your own copyright policy
The above course can be run as an on-site or as a one-to-one (contact me for further details).
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
Please complete the booking form at: http://www.aslib.com/downloads/ASLIB%20Training%20%20Booking%20Form.pdf
and return to:
ASLIB Customer Operations and Marketing Executive
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0) 1274 777700 Ext 5621
ASLIB Training - Celebrating 70 Years of Information Skills Training
Remember ASLIB Members receive 20% discount