A reminder that tickets are available now for the first Kuali Days event
to be held in the United Kingdom - Kuali Days UK (KDUK) - which will be
held 29-30th October at Senate House in central London.
Register now at: <http://kduk13.eventbrite.co.uk/>
We are also pleased to announce Jisc support for Kuali Days UK.
Jisc is supporting a workshop hosted by Owen Stephens (Owen Stephens
Consulting) and Mike Winkler (University of Pennsylvania) on Knowledge
Base+ and GOKb to help inform the development of the projects for the
benefit of the UK library community.
The Bloomsbury LMS project is implementing the Kuali OLE using a shared
services model for SOAS, Birkbeck, and Senate House Libraries at the
University of London, and was part of Jisc's wider community engagement
in its Library Systems Programme.
Recent significant changes in the library systems landscape identified
by Jisc include unified and web-scale library systems, including Kuali
OLE, and open and community source systems including Koha and Kuali OLE.
We are pleased to confirm as a KDUK speaker Dave Parkes of the University
of Staffordshire, the first university in the UK to implement an open
source library system (Koha).
Kuali Days UK is an essential event for those interested in Open Source
software in higher education.
Session details for the 2013 event are available on the event Lanyrd:
<http://lanyrd.com/2013/kduk13/> and features speakers including:
* Brian D. Voss, Vice-President of Information Technology and CIO at
the University of Maryland and Kuali Foundation Board Member
* Brenda L. Johnson, Ruth Lilly Dean of University Libraries at
Indiana University and Kuali OLE Board Member
* John Robinson, Director of Library and Information Services at SOAS,
University of London and Kuali OLE Board Member.
KDUK sponsors and supporters
* The Kuali Foundation <http://www.kuali.org/>
* Kuali Open Library Environment (OLE) <http://www.kuali.org/ole>
* Senate House Libraries, University of London
* Bloomsbury Library Management System Consortium
* Jisc <http://www.jisc.ac.uk/>
Corporate sponsors for the event include:
* EBSCO Information Services <http://www.ebsco.com/>
* HTC Global Services, Inc <http://www.htcinc.com/>
* Knowledge Integration (K-Int.) <http://www.k-int.com/>
If you have any questions about KDUK please contact our conference
registrars, Ian Howarth and Anna Woodcraft at: [log in to unmask]
Associate Director, Information Systems and Services
Senate House Libraries, University of London
Tel: 020 7862 8452
The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales and a
charity registered in Scotland (reg. no. SC041194)