Help for LIB-RFID-UK Archives

LIB-RFID-UK Archives

LIB-RFID-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIB-RFID-UK Home

LIB-RFID-UK  October 2013

LIB-RFID-UK October 2013

A suppliers view on the JISC mailing list

Andy Chadbourne <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion List for RFID in Libraries <[log in to unmask]>, Andy Chadbourne <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Oct 2013 10:15:39 +0000

Dear library colleagues,

At Bibliotheca we actively monitor the JISC mailing list in order to gain both a constant and latest view of the UK market - issues, ideas and trends. However, we have a policy - I believe shared by other vendors - that means we don't, with the exception of this clarification note, post directly to the list. Primarily, we take this stance to ensure that the list remains in the ownership of the library community and is not clouded by the views of a commercial organisation, nor becomes an inappropriate sales channel. Equally we don't want to set a precedent that the list replaces the need for individual customer to supplier communications.

We strive on a daily basis to deliver the best possible service to our customers and have for many years operated a formal escalation procedure for those occasions when we may not get it quite right (Bibliotheca customers can find a copy of this in their confidential support contract documentation). In addition, last year we launched our online library forum (www.bibliotheca.com/forum) that allows the Bibliotheca customer community to specifically talk about products, new development ideas and experiences - a real online home for our expanding community.

In essence, we would like to encourage the use of the JISC mailing list to actively help with driving the important issues concerning the UK (and often global) library market, but we cannot recognise (or reply to) individual incidents on the list - I hope I've been able to articulate the reasons why.

With thanks

Andy Chadbourne
Director, Group Marketing