OPENEDSIG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

OPENEDSIG Home

OPENEDSIG  September 2013

OPENEDSIG September 2013

Re: New EU website embraces Open Ed.

Terry McAndrew <[log in to unmask]>

Open Education Special Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:54:04 +0000

Hi,

This is new to me.

It needs a 'hoover' to collect properly catalogued resources (whose terms map into other languages) if it is going to be a good reference site for the community, and not just for the services which feed the community: how would staff developers be expected to advise on its use and how would it be valued by the content providers?

Some financial lubricant to get collaboration on the enhancement of existing open resources in a common area/discipline would be useful from my point of view (being international they would be less in competition with each other). I see the lack of incentive for  development of existing resources and partnerships as the persistent weakness in OER.

Terry

Terry McAndrew MSc, FHEA

Academic Lead: Educational Learning Technologies             Advisor: JISC TechDis

T +44 (0)1904 717500            M +44 (0) 7920 273411           [log in to unmask]

Skype: terry.mcandrew    tw: @terrymc

The Higher Education Academy, Innovation Way, York Science Park, Heslington, York, YO10 5BR

www.heacademy.ac.uk –