Help for MCG Archives

MCG Archives

MCG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MCG Home

MCG  August 2013

MCG August 2013

Re: Getty launches Open Content Programme - 'Open Content, an idea whose time has come'

HARRIS TONY <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:21:06 +0100

Hi Nick,
This seems more significant to me than previous announcements from other museums as the Getty are now releasing images 'up to 100mb' in size so this is the 'full monty' as it were, say in comparison to the NGA Washington who release up to 3000 pixel images, with higher still under commercial agreements. I believe the V&A and BM have a similar arrangement.

 I don't know of anyone else doing this but obviously would like to know if they are.
Tony
Government Art Collection