BRITARCH August 2013

Re: 6th August

Vince Russett <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Aug 2013 16:25:11 +0100

Yes, no bias, I see the logic in thinking about the hundreds of
thousands (or possibly millions) of Americans and Japanese who would
have been killed had the Japanese home islands had to be invaded.
Sobering nevertheless. But my fundamental message was of hope.

Vince

Vince Russett
County Archaeologist
Development Management Group
North Somerset Council

Our Historic Environment Record is now on-line: Go to the North Somerset
web site (http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk) then use the tabs Environment /
Conservation / Archaeology/ Historic Environment Record. Enjoy!

Landline: 01934 426456
Mobile: 07919 265645

Please note my work hours are usually 8am to 4pm

I will be on annual leave Monday 12, Monday 19 and the w/c 26, all of
August: the w/c of 9 and 23 September; the w/c 14 October 2013
-----Original Message-----
From: British archaeology discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Longinus Sdapeze
Sent: 06 August 2013 15:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 6th August

Yep. It brought about an end to the war with Japan and brought my dad
home =
=20
from Burma where he was fighting for all our freedoms and destined to
give=
=20
me life. An evil enemy was vanquished. Rejoice.
=20
=20
In a message dated 06/08/2013 08:31:37 GMT Daylight Time, =20