Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: OPAC on self-check kiosk?

Mick Fortune <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion List for RFID in Libraries <[log in to unmask]>, Mick Fortune <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Jun 2013 06:40:17 +0200

text/plain

Hi John

We're certainly moving that way but at the moment I am not aware of any RFID supplier in the UK, US or ANZ that doesn't rely on the LMS for processing loan policies, storing user and item data etc.

If we had used RFID differently - like some of the solutions being sold in India and China for instance - we might have already designed circulation systems that don't need an LMS but we would still need the bib data online to be able to discover items.

But so long as we all understand where all the data is, and how we're using it we won't make expensive errors or fall foul of privacy laws.

Best

Mick

This email was generated on my smartphone by thumb-power. Please forgive errors.

m. +44 (0)7786 625544