Help for LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES Archives

LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  May 2013

LIS-E-RESOURCES May 2013

Eight New Publishers and Liverpool University Press Translated Texts for Historians to Participate in the CLOCKSS Digital Preservation Archive

Kim Smilay <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 May 2013 13:48:35 -0400

The CLOCKSS Archive is pleased to announce the participation of BraDypUS
Books; Business Systems Laboratory; Illiesia, the International Journal of
Stonefly Research; IWA Publishing; KwaZulu-Natal Museum; Liverpool
University Press Translated Texts for Historians E-Library; LIBRE
Repository; OMICS Group Inc.; and Practical Action Publishing.

Full announcements can be found at http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News

----

IWA Publishing

    IWA Publishing, a wholly owned subsidiary of the International Water
Association (IWA), is the leading publisher in water, wastewater and related
environmental fields. IWA Publishing is committed to excellence in delivery
of information both in print and online, and continues to invest in
innovation and development of services to encourage usage of its
publications worldwide.

 <http://www.iwapublishing.com> http://www.iwapublishing.com.

----

Liverpool University Press Translated Texts for Historians E-Library

    Jenny Howard, Sales and Marketing Director at LUP said, "Our Translated
Texts for Historians E-Library is an important digital resource for
scholars, and we are very pleased to partner with CLOCKSS to ensure its
future preservation."

    About Liverpool University Press:  Liverpool University Press (LUP) is
the UK's third oldest university press, with a distinguished history of
publishing exceptional research since 1899, including the work of Nobel
prize winners. LUP has rapidly expanded in recent years and now publishes
approximately 70 books and 21 journals a year, specializing in literature,
modern languages, history and visual culture.
<http://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk>
http://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk

About Translated Texts for Historians E-Library: The renowned Translated
Texts for Historians book series makes available historical sources from
A.D. 300-800 translated into English, in many cases for the first time. The
Translated Texts for Historians E-Library offers this invaluable collection
as a digital resource, containing 52 volumes from the series that bring
together a wealth of important historical texts with scholarship from
leading academics.

 <http://tth.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk>
http://tth.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk

---

KwaZulu-Natal Museum

    African Invertebrates Editor-in-Chief Mike Mostovski says, "It is a
major breakthrough for our journal to become primarily electronic and to be
archived for perpetuity with CLOCKSS. This route enables us to fulfill our
mandate in propagating fundamental natural science research in Africa and
globally. We are grateful for the opportunity to preserve invaluable
scientific information for the present and future generations of scientists
and the public at large."

    About the KwaZulu-Natal Museum:  KwaZulu-Natal Museum ranks among the
top national natural and cultural history museums in South Africa and is
renowned for its unique collection of arthropods, earthworms and molluscs.
<http://www.nmsa.org.za> http://www.nmsa.org.za

---

Practical Action Publishing

     "Practical Action Publishing is pleased to be partnering with CLOCKSS
to ensure the long-term preservation of our online journal and book content"
says Toby Milner, Managing Director, Practical Action Publishing. "Should
the worst happen, via this partnership, we have ensured the continued
availability of our publications, both now and in the future, to help build
the skills and capabilities of researchers and practitioners in developing
countries through the dissemination of knowledge."

    Practical Action is an international non-governmental organization (NGO)
that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries.
<http://practicalaction.org/publishing>
http://practicalaction.org/publishing

---

LIBRE Repository

      Open Scholar's director Pandelis Perakakis said, "We are very excited
to begin our collaboration with CLOCKSS Archive, which ensures that authors
can find in LIBRE a safe and permanent home for their entire research
output".

      LIBRE (LIBerating REsearch) is a free, multidisciplinary article and
data repository offering services that enable a community-based
organization, evaluation and dissemination of the global research output.
LIBRE is developed by Open Scholar C.I.C. (Community Interest Company), a
not-for-profit organization founded by a group of research scientists with
the mandate to promote a new, more open and transparent culture in scholarly
communication and to create an alternative model of knowledge exchange for
the benefit of both the scientific community and the society at large.

 <http://www.openscholar.org.uk> http://www.openscholar.org.uk |
<http://www.libreapp.org> http://www.libreapp.org

----

Illiesia, the International Journal of Stonefly Research

    Illiesia, the International Journal of Stonefly Research, is an
international on-line and printed journal published by Mississippi College
and the Slovenian Museum of Natural History. It is freely available to
individuals and institutions on the World Wide Web. No login or subscription
is needed.  <http://www2.pms-lj.si/illiesia/index.html>
http://www2.pms-lj.si/illiesia/index.html.

----

Business Systems Laboratory

    Business Systems Laboratory (BS-Lab) is a non-profit association for the
promotion of research and teaching in the field of business and social
systems.  Our aim is to be a bridge between the business community and the
academia.  <http://www.bslaboratory.net> http://www.bslaboratory.net.

----

BraDypUS Books

     BraDypUS Books Directors Julian Bogdani and Erika Vecchietti said "We
are very proud to become members of the CLOCKSS community primarily because,
as archaeologists, we pay a very careful attention to the conservation of
the scientific, academic and cultural heritage. Each of us, especially the
publishers, should aim at having a time capsule through which to deliver the
next generations all the possible aspects of knowledge of our civilization.
Secondarily, becoming part of the CLOCKSS community means that we are now
able to grant our authors a powerful means of preservation of all their
academic production, which is a significant improvement of professionality
for our company".

    BraDypUS is a small Italian publisher and consulting company, engaged
since 2008 in the communication and enhancement of cultural and
archaeological heritage.  BraDypUS promotes cultural dissemination and
technological innovation, and supplies national and international projects
and institutions with the best practices and strategies to gain higher
social and cultural impact in respect to environment and sustainability.
 <http://bradypus.net/> http://bradypus.net

 <http://books.bradypus.net/> http://books.bradypus.net

----

OMICS Group Inc.

    "CLOCKSS Archive is an excellent resource to store and retrieve the
scientific and healthcare information" said Dr. Srinubabu Gedela, Director
of OMICS Group.

    OMICS Group Inc. popularly known as OMICS Publishing Group is a
publisher of approximately 250 open access journals in a number of academic
fields. The company's director, Srinubabu Gedela, started this group while
he is doing Postdoc at Stanford University. It has offices in Los Angeles,
Hyderabad, and Henderson. The Group, with the help of council members of
HUPO started its first open-access journal, the journal of proteomics &
bioinformatics in 2007 with the founding editors Srinubabu Gedela, Richard
Simpson, Richard D. Smith, Sudhir Srivastva, Fuchu He, Cathy Wu, Helmut
Meyer and Kazuyuki Nakamura. The Noble laureate Koichi Tanaka also
contributed a paper to the 4th volume inaugural issue of this journal in
2011.

----

About CLOCKSS:

   The CLOCKSS (Controlled LOCKSS) Archive is a not-for-profit joint venture
between the world's leading scholarly publishers and research libraries
whose mission is to build a sustainable, geographically distributed dark
archive with which to ensure the long-term survival of Web-based scholarly
publications for the benefit of the greater global research community.
http://www.clockss.org

Randy S. Kiefer, Executive Director

Kim Smilay, Director, Publisher Relations

The CLOCKSS Archive

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org
Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG