Re: Archaeology of the Roma people

Fahri Dikkaya <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 May 2013 19:21:05 +0300

Dear Jonas,

Eszter Banffy from Hungary is interested in Romani Archaeology. Her
publication information is below. The well-known archaeological project
about Gypsies or Romani people is from Rosemarkie Cave Project in Northern
Scotland. This cave was used by Romani people until WWI. You can look
publication of this project. The publication that I know about Romani
Archaeology is listed below. If you have any problem to get them, you can
write me. I have these articles.

For Rosemarkie Cave Project

http://cag.bcra.org.uk/styled-3/

Fahri Dikkaya

----------------------------

Eszter Banffy, 2013. "The Nonexisting Roma Archaeology and Nonexisting
Roma Archaeologists", Heritage in the Context of Globalization: Europe and
the Americas,SpringerBriefs in Archaeology 8: 77-83.

Isabel Mendizabal, Oscar Lao, Urko M. Marigorta, Andreas Wollstein, Leonor
Gusmão, Vladimir Ferak, Mihai Ioana, Albena Jordanova, Radka Kaneva,
Anastasia Kouvatsi, Vaidutis Kučinskas, Halyna Makukh, Andres Metspalu,
Mihai G. Netea, Rosario de Pablo, Horolma Pamjav, Dragica Radojkovic,
Sarah J.H. Rolleston, Jadranka Sertic, Milan Macek, David Comas, Manfred
Kayser, 2012. "Reconstructing the Population History of European Romani
from Genome-wide Data", Current Biology 22: 2342-49.

Kalaydjieva, L.; Morar, B; Chaix, R. and Tang, H.,2005. “A Newly
Discovered Founder Population: The Roma/Gypsies”. BioEssays 27 (10):
1084–1094.

--
Fahri Dikkaya
PhD Candidate

Office Tel: ++903122903259

"Die Antike gehort zur Natur, und zwar, wenn sie anspricht, zur
naturlichen Natur;
und diese edle Natur sollen wir nicht studieren aber die gemenie?"
Goethe in Maximen und Reflexionen