NEW-MEDIA-CURATING April 2013

flux Us Now!

Dorothee Richter <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 7 Apr 2013 13:18:47 +0000

Flux  Us  Now

Fluxus explored with a camera.

Staatsgalerie Stuttgart

13th of April 3-6 h with  Tunafish Sandwichs after an eventscore by Alison

Knowles

What is Fluxus, who is Fluxus, when and where was Fluxus? Hardly any other

art movement is as difficult to define. Various writers have seen this as

the reason why the movement has not become better known or met with

greater success on the art market. Yet this supposition itself prompts a

number of questions: 1. Was Fluxus an “art movement” at all? 2. Did the

Fluxus artists actually aim for commercial success? In the light of this,

it is not exactly surprising that Eric Andersen, one of the very first

Fluxus artists, declared as recently as 2008 that no such thing as Fluxus

ever existed, and that the widely diverging forms of expression that are

now referred to as Fluxus would be more accurately characterized as

“intermedia”. There is also a lack of agreement as to which artists could

be described as belonging to or even just associated with Fluxus.

Consequently, “Fluxus” – whatever is meant by it on any given occasion –

is a term which provides a perfect basis for association with mythologems

and elaborate narratives. This is all the more true in view of the fact

that “actions” and ephemeral objects, editions and newspapers produce

something more complicated than the object-based art-historical trail that

traditional artistic activity normally lays down for its interpreters.

Chapter 1: Before Fluxus

Chapter 2: Beginnings of Fluxus

Chapter 3: What is Fluxus?

Chapter 4: Who was/is Fluxus?

Chapter 5: Authorship in Fluxus/Editions

Chapter 6: Something Else Press

Chapter 7: Gender and Sex in Fluxus

Chapter 8: Mr Fluxus George Maciunas

Chapter 9: Stars in Fluxus?

Chapter 10: Politics and Fluxus

Chapter 11: Gentrification

A research based film by Dorothee Richter and Ronald Kolb

Research by Dorothee Richter

Art Direction by Ronald Kolb

Editing: Ronald Kolb and Dorothee Richter

Camera: Kurt Reinhard, Christoph Schreiber

Photography: Christoph Schreiber and Jurek Baumann

Music: Leo Merz, Dennis Knopf

Postproduction and mixing: Robert Kaiser

Editing in the studio of Künstlerhaus Stuttgart e.V.

We are thankful to our supporters:

George Foundation

Zürcher Hochschule der Künste:

Institute for Cultural Studies in the Arts Department

of Cultural Analysis and

Z+, Plattform für diszipinen-übergreifende Aktivitäten

Cabaret Voltaire

--

Dr. Dorothee Richter

Head of Postgraduate Program in Curating

Institute Cultural Studies in the Arts

Zurich University of the Arts

Hafnerstr. 31

8005 Zürich

Skype: dorothee.richter

www.curating.org			study program

www.on-curating.org			webjournal

www.curatingdegreezero.org		archive

Am 07.04.13 12:57 schrieb "Pauline de Souza" unter