HSBC Holdings plc, London: Archives Assistant (1 year post)
We are pleased to announce a vacancy for our 2013-2014 Archives traineeship.
The successful candidate will join the busy London office, which is part of a global team of archivists working in HSBC. You will be responsible for a wide range of archive duties and provide general administrative support to the team.
The position is based primarily at the HSBC Archives centre in Canning Town, with occasional days spent at head office in Canary Wharf.
Duties will include:
• supervising the searchroom and retrieving records for researchers
• answering internal and external enquiries about the history and archives of HSBC
• accessioning and cataloguing new material
• carrying out improvements to catalogue data
• re-packaging and other conservation tasks
• researching and writing articles
• taking part in outreach work such as open days, exhibitions and branch anniversaries
You will also have the opportunity to support our Art Management service and our Digital Archives project.
The post will start in September 2013 and last for one year. Applicants should be enthusiastic and able to work with minimal supervision. Adaptability and attention to detail are key qualities.
This post is designed to suit someone looking for pre-course experience and the salary will be £21,000 pro rata.
For an informal chat about this post please call Claire Twinn on 020 7991 2656.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter for the attention of Claire Twinn to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
Deadline for applications is 9am Monday 29th April 2013.
Interviews to take place on Thursday 9th May and Friday 10th May 2013. A potential second round of interviews will take place on Friday 17th May 2013.
Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]
For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at