Help for DIS-FORUM Archives

DIS-FORUM Archives

DIS-FORUM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

DIS-FORUM Home

DIS-FORUM  January 2013

DIS-FORUM January 2013

Re: Access to work - list of items that employer could be reasonably be expected to fund- April 2010

Tony Stevens <[log in to unmask]>

Tony Stevens <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:32:01 +0000

Dear Ros

At Disability Rights UK we campaigned a lot last year in relation to this 'standard list' of things that Access to Work could not fund and other issues e.g. the contribution that small employers had to pay.

In November, Esther McVey (DWP’s Minister for Disabled People) announced changes to the scheme. The changes to be implemented between now and March 2013 are:

• Businesses with up to 49 employees will no longer pay a contribution towards the extra costs faced by disabled people in work.

• The standard equipment list will cease to be used and instead Access to Work advisers will be given flexibility in deciding which equipment should be funded through the scheme.

The old guidance was in the document DEP 2010-2088 which used to be hosted at www.parliament.uk/depositedpapers but I don't think you will find it there any more since the announcement of the changes.

Best regards

Tony Stevens