Anybody else had this FoI request?
1. What LMS/VLE is the University currently using? (I believe it is Blackboard, but please correct me if otherwise)
2. When is the current licensing contract with the LMS/VLE vendor due to expire?
3. Similarly, if the University is using any external LMS/VLE support services, when are they due to expire?
4. How many users does your LMS/VLE currently support?
5. Is the University self-hosting the LMS/VLE, or is this dealt by a third-party?
6. How many University employees are assigned to implement, to maintain and to support the LMS/VLE?
7. What is the price of your LMS (per year), broken down into:
- Licensing cost of software
- Cost of external support services
- Cost of salaries and any other costs associated to internal support and maintenance
8. If possible, I would also like to be provided with the following documents (in electronic format):
- the LMS/VLE Requirements document(s) used during the selection of your current LMS/VLE
- the documents that motivate the selection of your current LMS/VLE among all considered options
- if available, any document that analyses the effectiveness and return of investment (ROI) on the use of the current LMS/VLE
Mark Gamble, FHEA
Head of Learning Technology, Centre for Learning, Excellence (Rm D009)
University of Bedfordshire
Office (+44)1582 489260 ext 9260
Mob (+44)7720 068605 ext 6360
BREO HELPLINE 01582 489205 / ext 9205 Twitterfeed: @Bedsbreo