Who is asking or why is largely irrelevant to FOI. You might like to look at the FOI Guidance about whether "Commercial in Confidence" is actually "Confidential" in FOI terms. And on a lighter note unless Kentucky Fried Chicken is public ally funded I don't believe FOI is relevant :-)
Yes we have received it and a small amount of googling appears to show a link to http://alacrityfoundation.co.uk/
Learning Technologies Manager - IT Department
Cranfield University - Cranfield - Bedford - MK43 0AL
T: 01234 754097
E: [log in to unmask]
From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Sandra Heidecker [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 11 December 2012 13:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BLACKBOARD-USERGROUP] FoI Request....?
I haven't seen this one yet, but we had similar ones before.
Our contract with Blackboard is commercial in confidence, so we do not provide any costs.
How do you deal with requests like that? If I sent a request to Kentucky Fried Chicken asking for the exact ingredients of their secret recipe, it's unlikely that I get a list of ingredients. If this type of request came from JISC or a similar organisation, I'd probably be happy to provide the information. If it's from an individual who 'just' wants to have a look at the recipe on how to run VLEs, or a blackboard competitor, would this actually qualify as an FoI request?
On 11 December 2012 13:08, H Griffiths <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
The same information has been requested from us at Bristol,
--On 11 December 2012 13:01 +0000 Peter Rayment <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Yes we have had this also at Cardiff University
Learning Technology Manager
<[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote: -----
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
From: Mark Gamble
Sent by: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist
Date: 11/12/2012 12:57PM
Subject: FoI Request....?
Anybody else had this FoI request?
1. What LMS/VLE is the University currently using? (I believe it is
Blackboard, but please correct me if otherwise)
2. When is the current licensing contract with the LMS/VLE vendor due to
3. Similarly, if the University is using any external LMS/VLE support
services, when are they due to expire?
4. How many users does your LMS/VLE currently support?
5. Is the University self-hosting the LMS/VLE, or is this dealt by a
6. How many University employees are assigned to implement, to maintain
and to support the LMS/VLE?
7. What is the price of your LMS (per year), broken down into:
- Licensing cost of software
- Cost of external support services
- Cost of salaries and any other costs associated to internal support and
8. If possible, I would also like to be provided with the following
documents (in electronic format):
- the LMS/VLE Requirements document(s) used during the selection of your
- the documents that motivate the selection of your current LMS/VLE among
all considered options
- if available, any document that analyses the effectiveness and return
of investment (ROI) on the use of the current LMS/VLE
Mark Gamble, FHEA
Head of Learning Technology, Centre for Learning, Excellence (Rm D009)
University of Bedfordshire
Office (+44)1582 489260 ext 9260<tel:%28%2B44%291582%20489260%20ext%209260>
Mob (+44)7720 068605 ext 6360<tel:%28%2B44%297720%20068605%20ext%206360>
BREO HELPLINE 01582 489205 / ext 9205 Twitterfeed: @Bedsbreo
Deputy Director, Education Support Unit
(Technology Enhanced Learning)
University of Bristol
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
0117 33 14431
VLE project manager
London Metropolitan University
Tel: 020 7133 2180
Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo