Help for MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS-NEWS Archives

MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS-NEWS Archives

MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS-NEWS Archives

MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS-NEWS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS-NEWS Home

MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS-NEWS Home

MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS-NEWS  November 2012

MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS-NEWS November 2012

Invitation to join ACS Astrochemistry Subdivision

Ralf Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>

Ralf Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Nov 2012 16:53:35 -1000

Dear Colleague

We are pleased to announce that at the national ACS meeting in
Philadelphia, the ACS-PHYS division established a new Astrochemistry
Subdivision.  Astrochemistry is the study of the abundances and chemical
reactions of atoms, molecules, and ions and how they interact with
radiation in both gas and condensed phases in Solar Systems and in the
Interstellar Medium.  The new Subdivision provides an interdisciplinary
"home" for individuals interested in this growing research area. In
addition, the Subdivision contributes to PHYS Division programs in areas
of special interest to Astrochemists.

We would like to invite you and the undergraduate students, graduate
students, and postdoctoral fellows in your group to join the ACS
Astrochemistry Subdivision to connect to an exciting research endeavor
and to further promote the Astrochemistry Subdivision at (international)
meetings, in your university, and in your department.  Additional
information on joining the Subdivision may be found at:

http://www.chem.hawaii.edu/Bil301/ACSAstrochemistry.html

http://www.chem.hawaii.edu/Bil301/ACSAstrochemistryjoin.html

An inaugural Astrochemistry Symposium will be held at the Fall ACS
National Meeting in Indianapolis, IN, September 8-12, 2013. Please also
email us ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask]) suggestions for forthcoming ACS Astrochemistry
Symposia and nominations for officers for the Astrochemistry subdivision.

We would also like to thank those of you who supported the establishment
of the Astrochemistry Subdivision!  We hope that the new Subdivision
will effectively serve this thriving scientific community.

Best regards,

Ralf Kaiser (Chair), Arthur Suits (Chair-Elect), Martin Head-Gordon
(Vice-Chair)

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html