Isn't this a bit academic now? Jeremy has been raising this at every weekly meeting for months. Maybe there were doubts in other countries but no-one in GridPP can have been in any doubt surely. For me the only open issue was for WN. Everything else should have been moved long ago. Is anyone even thinking about leaving an upgrade until the end of October, never mind November?
From: Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alessandra Forti
Sent: 15 October 2012 21:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tickets for the 16th October
On 15/10/2012 21:03, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Alessandra Forti [mailto:[log in to unmask]] said:
>> At the last GDB it was decided, and Tiziana agreed, the cream CE can be
>> postponed until 30 November if the site has a clear plan to upgrade it
> I would say that rather differently - the decision was that 30th November is the absolute end of the process and sites will be suspended if they haven't upgraded 3.2 services by then. People should not regard deadlines as a target date, let alone the date when they start to think about doing something! From the GDB minutes:
this is not in conflict with what I said. The cream CE can be postponed
to the 30th of November if there is a clear plan and a reason to do it.
> "Make clear to sites what is the decision
> *They are required to have plans by '''beginning of November''' and communicate them to EGI on request (tickets)
> *WLCG expects plans to be enforced by '''end of November'''
> discussion - WLCG message, upgrade by end November - EGI message, give us your plan or risk suspension from 1st Nov these are consistent "
> PS I was part of the initial discussion on this - Steve Newhouse initially wanted sites to be told to upgrade by the end of August, and seemed surprised when I said I didn't think that was viable ...
Facts aren't facts if they come from the wrong people. (Paul Krugman)
Scanned by iCritical.