On 15/10/2012 21:03, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Alessandra Forti [mailto:[log in to unmask]] said:
>> At the last GDB it was decided, and Tiziana agreed, the cream CE can be
>> postponed until 30 November if the site has a clear plan to upgrade it
> I would say that rather differently - the decision was that 30th November is the absolute end of the process and sites will be suspended if they haven't upgraded 3.2 services by then. People should not regard deadlines as a target date, let alone the date when they start to think about doing something! From the GDB minutes:
this is not in conflict with what I said. The cream CE can be postponed
to the 30th of November if there is a clear plan and a reason to do it.
> "Make clear to sites what is the decision
> *They are required to have plans by '''beginning of November''' and communicate them to EGI on request (tickets)
> *WLCG expects plans to be enforced by '''end of November'''
> discussion - WLCG message, upgrade by end November - EGI message, give us your plan or risk suspension from 1st Nov these are consistent "
> PS I was part of the initial discussion on this - Steve Newhouse initially wanted sites to be told to upgrade by the end of August, and seemed surprised when I said I didn't think that was viable ...
Facts aren't facts if they come from the wrong people. (Paul Krugman)