Help for JISCMRD Archives

JISCMRD Archives

JISCMRD@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

JISCMRD Home

JISCMRD  October 2012

JISCMRD October 2012

JISCMRD Programme Progress Workshop / DCC Institutional Engagements Workshop, Wed 24-Thu 25 October, Nottingham

Simon HODSON <[log in to unmask]>

Simon HODSON <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:54:38 +0100

All JISCMRD Projects,

Our JISCMRD Progress Workshop / DCC Institutional Engagements Workshop is now only eight days away.

Here are some reminders and clarifications.

The workshop will be extremely well attended, with 75 participants at the last count.  I hope that it will provide an important opportunity to overview the progress being made, and above all to understand the development of key elements for institutional research data management support services.

REGISTRATION
Only a few places remain.  Please ensure that all project personnel wishing to attend have registered at: https://www.eventsforce.net/jisc/241/home

JOINING INSTRUCTIONS
 will be sent out today or tomorrow.  Details of the venue are available at https://www.eventsforce.net/jisc/frontend/reg/tvenue.csp?pageID=67392&eventID=241&eventID=241

POSTERS
For the large RDM infrastructure projects (i.e. those listed at http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/di_researchmanagement/managingresearchdata/infrastructure.aspx) there is a requirement to bring a poster highlighting key areas of progress.  The poster session will take place from 17.00-18.30 on Wed 24 Oct.

PROGRAMME - PRESENTATIONS
The detailed programme is available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/11phSilF2zMzcST8Vg-5aKu2s6f7QFUbfCPI_-1wCYTo/edit

Again, ALL the RDM infrastructure projects should have volunteered to give a short introductory presentation under one (or more) of the themes available.  These presentations should be short (no more than 10 minutes for most sessions), designed to describe work undertaken in the relevant area, highlighting challenges and raising questions for discussion.

It looks to me as if a couple of projects have not yet volunteered to give a presentation.  PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Later today, a poll will be circulated to all attendees to gauge the number of attendees for each session.  Please complete the poll promptly so that rooms may be assigned.

DCC Institutional Support Officers and MRD Evidence Gatherers have been assigned to help with each session: i.e. chairing, facilitation, note taking.  I hope that in this way the workshop will run smoothly and that we shall be able to capture the findings and issues emerging from the hard work of projects in the MRD Programme and from the DCC Institutional Engagements.

I look very much forward to seeing you all next week at what I hope will be an extremely useful and enlightening workshop.

Best wishes,

Simon.

*****
Programme Website: http://bit.ly/jiscmrd2011-13
Community Discussion List: [log in to unmask]
Blog: http://researchdata.jiscinvolve.org/
Programme Tag: #jiscmrd
*****
Twitter, Skype: simonhodson99
Calendar: http://bit.ly/simonhodson99-calendar
*****
Dr Simon HODSON
Programme Manager  Managing Research Data
JISC Executive
Brettenham House (South Entrance)
5 Lancaster Place
London  WC2E 7EN