Help for JISCMRD Archives

JISCMRD Archives

JISCMRD@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

JISCMRD Home

JISCMRD  October 2012

JISCMRD October 2012

JISCMRD Programme Progress Workshop / DCC Institutional Engagements Workshop, Wed 24-Thu 25 October, Nottingham

Simon HODSON <[log in to unmask]>

Simon HODSON <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:45:52 +0100

To all JISCMRD Projects attending the JISCMRD Programme Progress Workshop / DCC Institutional Engagements Workshop, Wed 24-Thu 25 October, Nottingham;

Thanks very much to all of your for your enthusiastic cooperation and for volunteering to give presentations  in the various parallel sessions.  I shall shortly freeze the programme and indicate locations, chairs/facilitators etc.

Before I do I have a request.  There are two sessions which currently have five presentations and which for logistical reasons to do with room sizes and session choices, I am considering splitting into two groups (i.e. sessions at the same time on the same theme but in separate locations).  In order for this to be effective, ideally there should be three presentations in each group.

So, please could any project that has a burning desire to present in either of these two session let me know and add your names to the programme before close of play today: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11phSilF2zMzcST8Vg-5aKu2s6f7QFUbfCPI_-1wCYTo/edit

The sessions in question are:

Parallel Session 2B: Data Repositories and Storage: options for repository service solutions

Parallel Session 3A: Training and Guidance

I know that all projects must be doing work in these areas so I am sure there must be a volunteers to speak for 10 minutes, 15 max about what your project is doing, progress, lessons learnt, challenges faced, remaining issues.

Best wishes,

Simon.

*****
Programme Website: http://bit.ly/jiscmrd2011-13
Community Discussion List: [log in to unmask]
Blog: http://researchdata.jiscinvolve.org/
Programme Tag: #jiscmrd
*****
Twitter, Skype: simonhodson99
Calendar: http://bit.ly/simonhodson99-calendar
*****
Dr Simon HODSON
Programme Manager  Managing Research Data
JISC Executive
Brettenham House (South Entrance)
5 Lancaster Place
London  WC2E 7EN