CIG-E-FORUM October 2012

Helen Williams <[log in to unmask]>

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]

Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:47:56 +0100

Thanks Celine
That's helpful; I think I need to have a closer read of the LC-PCC PS - note to self!
Helen

-----Original Message-----
From: C.J. Carty [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of C.J. Carty
Sent: 25 October 2012 11:42
To: Williams,HK
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM]

My reading of 19.2.1.1.1 and the associated detailed LC-PCC PS is that in this case the conference *would* be a creator (and therefore gets 111).
I've worked through the decisions set out in the LC-PCC PS to get to that conclusion, the first bit of which (1d) says if in doubt, assume corporate body *has* issued, etc. The second bit I would say it definitely meets the requirements of 19.2.1.1.1(c) as it's the collective activity of a conference (I don't think the exact nuance of AACR2 remains here, I feel it's more clear-cut).

I'm only feeling my way here though, so none of this is more than my opinion.

--
CÚline Carty
English Cataloguing