Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Record 4

It would be good to keep on discussion the issues we're seeing from
record 3, but please also feel free to start submitting record 4 for
discussion at 12. [...][log in to unmask]

Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:29:24 +0100

Thanks Celine, and to Alan for that helpful outline yesterday.  I have left my original choice of editor in the record as well.
What I'm noticing in the non-MARC template is that we have those editor names appearing in the creator (19.2), other p,f, cb (19.3) and contributor (20.2) fields.  I'm still feeling a bit unsure about how to use those.  Does anyone have any comments?
Helen

-----Original Message-----
From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of C.J. Carty
Sent: 25 October 2012 10:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Day 2 - record 6

Dear all,

Here is my record for title 6, looking forward to another day of discussions. I did all of today's titles using the MARC template, though I must say I think I found the RDA template easier to use.

Questions in this record for me: 1) The edition statement - did others consider "UK edition" to be an edition statement? 2) I've obviously decided to transcribe all the editors and also provide access points for them all.
3) Relationship designators - after Alan's helpful email and all of yesterday's discussions on this, I'd need to see the contents page to make a decision here between "editor" and "editor of compilation" but feel fairly happy that they're not "author". I've left my original choice of "editor" in the record.

--
CÚline Carty
English Cataloguing