I did as Celine did. Not sure if part of that is the long time I have been working with AACR2. Need to begin adjusting my focus.
I have to admit, after reading these posts, I am not sure about anything. I think I will be spending a good portion of the rest of my day revising the records we will be submitting tomorrow.
On Oct 24 2012, Amies, Paul wrote:
> My main problem with this record was recording the series. I took the
> series from what I assume is the "series title page", which has the word
> "series" at the end, but the authorised form of the series heading does
> NOT have the word series, but I could not find anywhere to record the
> authorised form of the series heading. Maybe I am just getting confused
> with distinction between RDA and MARC, as obviously we would use 490 and
> 830 in MARC to record the different forms.
I took the transcription of "title proper of series" to be what essentially
is MARC 490 (so would include "series") whereas the access point would be a
related work (following RDA 25.1 and using 830 for series). Does that make