BRITISH-IRISH-POETS  October 2012

BRITISH-IRISH-POETS October 2012

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Peter Manson's Mallarme translations

Mark Weiss <[log in to unmask]>

British & Irish poets <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Oct 2012 13:36:00 -0400

text/plain

But hey weren't translating Mallarme.

And alexandrines don't remotely sound like pentameter. Regular lign length sounds like regular line length.

Let's agree to disagree. I'm away from my books, including Peter's, but the only way to make this a useful discussion would be to haul out examples and see what the compromises are.