The MaRDI-Gross project (Managing Research Data INfrastructures for Big Science) was funded by JISC in 2011–12, to support big-science projects in developing suitable Data Management and Preservation (DMP) plans for the data they generate.
We've produced a v1.0 report, intended to act as an ‘intellectual toolkit’ for individuals or groups who are developing a DMP plan for a large-scale project, but which should be of interest to others with large-scale data-management concerns. You can find the report at:
We think it likely that we'll produce a v1.1 update to this report towards the end of summer 2012, so if you have comments on this version, we'd still be delighted to hear them.
• Juan Bicarregui, STFC e-Science Centre, RAL
• Norman Gray (project manager), Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow
• Rob Henderson, Physics, University of Lancaster
• Roger Jones (project lead), Physics, University of Lancaster
• Simon Lambert, STFC e-Science Centre, RAL
• Brian Matthews, STFC e-Science Centre, RAL
Norman Gray : http://nxg.me.uk
SUPA School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, UK