Help for RESEARCH-DATAMAN Archives

RESEARCH-DATAMAN Archives

RESEARCH-DATAMAN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

RESEARCH-DATAMAN Home

RESEARCH-DATAMAN  August 2012

RESEARCH-DATAMAN August 2012

Re: advice on publishing and citing data

"Gudmundur A. Thorisson" <[log in to unmask]>

Research Data Management discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Aug 2012 14:31:42 +0000

hmm. Somehow I got the idea a while ago that standalone submissions were possible, but more hassle then the journal -> Dryad integration and not as well supported (little documented maybe?) since they focus on the journal route into the repository.

Anyway, check with Heather (http://researchremix.wordpress.com/) or Todd (http://twitter.com/tjvision) who can tell you more.

Another potential option for a data paper is BMC Research Notes. They're Open Access (wouldn't suggest them otherwise!) and offer authors to publish a Data Note  which "should briefly describe a biomedical data set or database, with the data being readily accessible and attributed to a source":

http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcresnotes/authors/instructions/datanote

The data in question can be published via LabArchives, who have a deal with BMC (see "Publishing Datasets" on the page above, and also http://www.labarchives.com/bmc/).

		Mummi