CRISIS-FORUM  August 2012

CRISIS-FORUM August 2012

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: !Saving the Arctic : a warning from your moderator

Oliver Tickell <[log in to unmask]>

Oliver Tickell <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:58:44 +0100

text/plain

Maybe the biggest problem is that we on this group are in no position to
do anything about the Arctic icecap anyway. This is an interesting forum
for debate and exchange of thoughts, insights, information etc, but
that's as far as it goes. It has no executive powers, no money, and no
influence beyond its members. So we can debate away ad infinitum and it
will make no difference to anything. If AMEG want to make a difference -
which they surely do - they should stop wasting their time and energy on
this forum, except maybe to refine their arguments before presenting
them to a greater audience, and take their arguments elsewhere and
beyond where there is some potential of triggering action.

Oliver.