Help for MOODLE-UK Archives

MOODLE-UK Archives

MOODLE-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MOODLE-UK Home

MOODLE-UK  June 2012

MOODLE-UK June 2012

Re: Files not uploaded but there is some time recorded on 'Last Modified (Submission)' column

Jim Daly <[log in to unmask]>

UK Moodle Users JISCMail list <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Jun 2012 09:55:49 +0100

My apologies, our production system here is 1.9, where under Site Administration > Reports > Logs I can see an entry of 'upload upload', for assignment submissions, giving the name of the file the student has uploaded, and the location it has been saved to in Moodle.

This extremely useful feature seems to have disappeared in Moodle 2 (which we are moving to in the summer).

You will see 'Assignment Upload' in Moodle 2 but this is only telling you the student got to the upload screen, not that they saved a file.

As somebody mentioned recently, the need for a submission receipt process in Moodle is becoming ever more pressing.

Jim