Help for PHD-DESIGN Archives

PHD-DESIGN Archives

PHD-DESIGN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PHD-DESIGN Home

PHD-DESIGN  May 2012

PHD-DESIGN May 2012

Re: designing for emotions, for values or for meanings?

Charles Burnette <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 May 2012 12:23:30 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

While there are many approaches to emotion few have theorized about how emotions and feelings affect the focus, tone and conduct of purposeful thought, design thinking and thinking about things. I have a theory based paper entitled An Emotional Basis for Design Thinking that can be found on my page at academia.edu. Feedback would be appreciated.

 I have taught design studios here, in Finland and Slovenia using a value oriented approach that Francesca might find of interest. I can send a short summary paper on the experience to anyone requesting it.

Charles Burnette, PhD
Independent Researcher

234 South Third Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106