Help for BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BRITARCH Home

BRITARCH  May 2012

BRITARCH May 2012

IfA job vacancies: Member Services Coordinator x 2

Amanda Forster <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 17 May 2012 11:04:04 +0100

The IfA requires two Member Services Coordinators

The IfA promotes high professional standards and strong ethics in archaeological practice, to maximise the benefits that archaeologists bring to society, and to bring recognition and respect to our profession. Our vision for 2020 is that all professional archaeologists will have the skills, integrity and versatility to ensure that the study and care of the historic environment brings real benefits to people’s daily lives.

The IfA is currently looking for two Member Services Coordinators to help deliver that vision. The roles form part of our core team, working closely with our Standards Development, Compliance and Promotions Managers. The individual roles will have an emphasis on particular areas (including CPD and NVQs, Registered Organisations, and Special Interest and Area Groups), and both will focus on developing the member experience and supporting our membership. This is an excellent opportunity to work with the IfA through exciting times. Over the next 12 months we will be working on a number of initiatives such as Chartership, delivering our NVQ and CPD programme, and developing a range of toolkits which aim to put archaeology, archaeologists and our members firmly on the professional map. In order to do this successfully, we need two dynamic and creative individuals to work with us to support the delivery of our ambitious strategic plan.

Our objectives for 2010-20 are to increase understanding of the role of archaeologists in society and improve our status, inspire excellence in professional practice, strengthen the relationships between archaeologists across the historic environment and other sectors, make IfA membership and registration essential demonstrations of fitness to practise, to develop a stronger influence over policy affecting the historic environment and to give archaeologists a credible, effective and efficient professional institute. If you are interested in helping us achieve these by applying for one of our Member Services Coordinator posts please send a covering letter and CV to Amanda Forster at [log in to unmask] or to IfA, SHES, University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO Box 227, Reading RG6 6AB (tel: 0118 378 6446 or go to www.archaeologists.net).

For more information, please visit our website www.archaeologists.net and for informal enqurires please email your contact details to Amanda at [log in to unmask] and she will call back for a chat about the post.

Closing date is the 8 June 2012
Interviews will take place on the 20 June 2012

Job specification

Post			Member Services and Registration Coordinator
Term	                Open-ended with a minimum of 12 months (subject to probationary period of 6 months)
Salary		Local government scale spinal point 22-28 starting salary of £19,621 progressing to £23,708 pro rata
                        plus 6% pension contribution

Hours		37 hours per week
Role
The Member Services Coordinators will be responsible for assisting, encouraging and administering applications for membership, Registration, NVQ and bursary management, and supporting communications.

Responsible to	Standards Compliance Manager; Standards Promotions Manager.

Place of work	IfA office (Reading), with occasional working away from the office

Main duties and responsibilities

•	act as the first point of contact for general, membership, Registration, CPD and NVQ enquiries
•	maintain accuracy and order in membership, Registration, CPD and NVQ and related records
•	administer and support the assessment and compliance with IfA membership Registration, CPD and NVQ and
        related requirements
•	advise and assist applicants for membership, Registration, and encourage applications
•	advise and assist candidates for NVQ and encourage registrations
•	advise and assist members with CPD requirements
•	support and assist IfA Area and Special Interest Groups, and in the development of a CPD programme
•	coordinate marketing and promotional events (such as CPD workshops and conference)
•	coordinate and effect updates to the website
•	assist in the production of publications (such as The Archaeologist and IfA yearbook)
•	organise mailings and other communications (such as eBulletins) to members and Registered Organisations
•	provide administrative and other relevant support to committees, Special Interest and Area Groups, and assessor
        panels
•	carry out such other duties as may be required

PERSON SPECIFICATION - please go to www.archaeologists.net for more information.