Help for ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARCHIVES-NRA Home

ARCHIVES-NRA  May 2012

ARCHIVES-NRA May 2012

Job vacancy: Project Manager (Transforming Tate Britain: Building, Archives, Access funded by the HLF)

Adrian Glew <[log in to unmask]>

Adrian Glew <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 31 May 2012 19:56:54 +0100

Employer: Tate Britain
Job title:	 Project Manager (Transforming Tate Britain: Building, Archives, Access)
Salary:	 £40,000-£45,000 per annum
Contract:	 Fixed term from July 2012 to May 2014
Location:	 Millbank, London

Tate’s aim is to increase public awareness, understanding and enjoyment of British art from the 16th century to the present day. Successful in our Heritage Lottery Fund bid for Transforming Tate Britain: Building, Archives, Access, we are changing the way people engage with Britain’s cultural heritage.

You will oversee the digitisation of 52,000 treasures from Tate Archive, ranging from artists’ sketchbooks to photographs and hand written correspondence, as well as monitoring the development of the associated learning programme.  As an experienced Project Manager you will ensure the process is delivered on time, to budget and to the highest quality. Your team will work to best practice in the digitisation of fragile archival material and your robust project plan will see the operation run smoothly and efficiently. You will work collaboratively, building relationships across Tate and with volunteers, trainees and external partner organisations.

Enthusiastic about working with a national collection, you will combine your proven track record of managing large-scale digitisation of a similar kind with experience of running learning and outreach projects.

Supported by the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Contact details/How to apply:
Our opportunities are open for you to apply online. Please visit: www.tate.org.uk/about/workingattate/ to create an account by registering your details or if you are an existing user, log into your account. For all opportunities, we ask candidates to complete an online application form for the vacancy they are interested in. If you need an application form in an alternative format, please call us on 020 7887 4997. Once you have submitted your application, you can keep track of its progress by logging in to your account.

Closing date: 12 June, 17:00pm

Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.