VAR-L May 2012

Seeking Researcher on Kansas City

Damien Hall <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 May 2012 09:49:23 +0000

Dan said:

'I've only seen a reference to her 1976 Kansas dissertation, "Phonological Variation in Kansas City: A Sociolinguistic Analysis of Three-Generation Families". This was cited in Tivoli Majors' 2005 American Speech article so maybe TM would know more.'

Tivoli isn't (gasp!) a member of this list, so, Richard (or anyone), if you would like to contact her about Melanie, you'll have to write to her directly!

I look forward to the day when all variationists are on this list and direct e-mail communication between us on research matters is therefore rendered obsolete. Pass on the word!

Damien

--

Damien Hall

University of Kent (UK)
Leverhulme Early Career Fellow, 'Towards a New Linguistic Atlas of France'

English Language and Linguistics, School of European Culture and Languages