Re: Publish Moodle

Graeme Stobbart <[log in to unmask]>

UK Moodle Users JISCMail list <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 May 2012 09:11:46 +0000

Thansk Alastair,

I will pull together the additional information and post again this morning.

Graeme Stobbart
Computer Services Manager
Derwentside College

From: UK Moodle Users JISCMail list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Alastair Hole [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 01 May 2012 09:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Publish Moodle

Post your config.php and I'll have a look, odd that it used to work on LAMP. Has it definitely not changed since?
You might try the following (provided you are not using HTTPS):
$CFG->wwwroot   = 'http://'.$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"];

How is your DNS configured for the hostname you're using? Sounds like DNS is fine if you can see the test page however.
How are the bindings configured in IIS, does it listen on a specific IP address? Is it configured to rely on host headers?
Where is Moodle trying to redirect to when it reports it is not redirecting properly?

How is ISA configured? It is possible to publish websites in a manner that presents the ISA's own (internal) IP address as that of the client to the target web server  perhaps this is the problem with your if statement, i.e. ISA is fooling it into thinking external requests are internal. I would highly recommend using the same FQDN both inside and outside the network, and using a split DNS setup to allow for the public and private address differences.

Hope that helps
Alastair