Help for LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  May 2012

LIS-LINK May 2012

Managing Research Data Hack Days Event Report

Mahendra Mahey <[log in to unmask]>

Mahendra Mahey <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 May 2012 11:23:32 +0100

Colleagues

DevCSI (http://devcsi.ukoln.ac.uk) and JISC recently ran a 'Managing
Research Data Hack event'
(http://devcsi.ukoln.ac.uk/past-events/mrd-hack-days/) on the 3-4 May in
Manchester,2012.

The event report has now been published on the DevCSI blog:

http://devcsi.ukoln.ac.uk/2012/05/11/event-report-managing-research-data-hack-day/

Some highlights include:

- Considering the use of SWORD 2 and BitTorrent to deal with large datasets
- A proof-of-concept centralised service for tracking activity data
around research projects and individual datasets
- User perspectives on metadata for datasets and examining a common
schema to describe metadata for datasets

There are several multimedia interviews with attendees who talked about
what they learned, discussed and worked on at the event.

We hope you find the blog report useful and please feel free to reply to
it or contact me for further details. Please watch out for similar
future follow up events in this area from DevCSI and JISC.

Thanks

Mr Mahendra Mahey

Project Manager DevCSI
Research Officer