FISH-TECHNICAL  May 2012

FISH-TECHNICAL May 2012

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: MIDAS Heritage and Mandatory recording of Admin area

Crispin Flower <[log in to unmask]>

Technical advisory panel to the Forum on Information Standards in Heritage." <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 23 May 2012 14:33:14 +0100

text/plain

Hi All
MIDAS Heritage is correct to have this mandatory, but that can include deriving it on-the-fly from spatial coincidence (for quering or exporting purposes). MIDAS Heritage does not dictate the methods of storage.
If MIDAS Heritage made this optional, then it would become ligitimate to have a heritage inventory that could not be queried by administrative areas at all, which is clearly undesirable.
cheers
Crispin