Re: PLANNING

Helen Cottington <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 30 May 2012 16:16:38 +0100

I have asked Cambridge for an update but they didn't know when they last
contacted me.

-----Original Message-----
From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Judy Kirsh
Sent: 30 May 2012 15:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PLANNING

As far as we're aware, the current ESOL quals for Speaking & Listening
and Writing at Levels 1 and 2 will still be available in 12/13. The
awarding bodies and Ofqual are working on developing new ESOL quals. for
2013 onwards.

You're correct in stating that the National Literacy Test (which has
been used for ESOL Reading at Levels 1 and 2) is not going to be
available in 12/13. This is a worrying situation - I believe that the
awarding bodies are working on it and trying to find a way forward.
Perhaps one of them will be able to reply with more information.

Regards

Judy Kirsh
Co-chair NATECLA