JiscMail Logo

Help for DOCUMENTING-PERFORMANCE Archives

DOCUMENTING-PERFORMANCE Archives

DOCUMENTING-PERFORMANCE Archives

DOCUMENTING-PERFORMANCE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

DOCUMENTING-PERFORMANCE Home

DOCUMENTING-PERFORMANCE Home

DOCUMENTING-PERFORMANCE  May 2012

DOCUMENTING-PERFORMANCE May 2012

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: Friendly extension on CFP: TaPRA Annual Conference - Documenting Performance Working Group

Helen Newall <[log in to unmask]>

Mailing list for the TaPRA working group on Documenting Performance <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 4 May 2012 18:25:00 +0100

text/plain

Oops! At least I've never done that to the SCUDD list...

Dr Helen Newall
Reader in Performing Arts
Performing Arts
Edge Hill University
St Helens Road
Ormskirk
Lancashire
L39 4QP
01695 584809

>>> Helen Newall <[log in to unmask]> 04/05/2012 17:02 >>>
Hello Toni

Me again!

I'm presuming you've not forgotten that my proposal was bounced from the interim event to the September conference...?
Do I need to send it to you again or do you still have it on file?

(One day i may deliver this paper somewhere!)

best

Helen

Dr Helen Newall
Reader in Performing Arts
Performing Arts
Edge Hill University
St Helens Road
Ormskirk
Lancashire
L39 4QP
01695 584809

>>> Toni Sant <[log in to unmask]> 01/05/2012 12:23 >>>
Dear Documenting Performance JISCmail list members -

I have received a number of requests from people wanting to submit proposals beyond last Friday's deadline.  In light of this, we're extending the deadline until THIS FRIDAY 4 May 2012.  Other than for this date, please follow the original CFP below.

We potentially have room for 3-5 more presenters during this year's Documenting Performance sessions at the TaPRA annual conference.

Best wishes...

                  ...t.s.

CFP: TaPRA Annual Conference - Documenting Performance Working Group

The TaPRA Documenting Performance Working Group will be following the 24 March 2012 interim symposium with several sessions the TaPRA annual conference, which is taking place at the University of Kent on 5-7 September 2012.

This is a call from the Documenting Performance working group for papers, presentations, workshops and/or provocations for the annual TaPRA Conference.

We would like to continue our investigation on the theme of the interim symposium: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Documenting Performance.

This working group's focus is to provide a platform for researchers to share their works-in-progress or finished projects with others working on similar studies and/or practical applications for documenting performance. We are particularly keen to provide a platform for examples of different approaches to documenting performance, as observed and practiced in disciplines other than theatre and performance, such as architecture, digital humanities, visual arts, archaeology, etc. However, all proposals will be given due consideration, particularly because interdisciplinary interests can often be found in what appear to be discipline-specific projects.

Please send a short description (up to 300 words) of your 15-20 minute presentation/provocation/workshop along with your technical requirements and a short bio (100 words) by Friday 27 April 2012 to the working group conveners: Toni Sant ([log in to unmask]) and Nicki Shaughnessy ([log in to unmask])

NOTE: Participants in the 24 March interim symposium may propose a reworked version of whatever they're presenting in Scarborough, in consultation with the WG conveners.

 Related web links:
* TaPRA Documenting Performance Working Group <http://www.tapra.org/working-groups-mainmenu-41/documenting-performance.html>
 * JISCmail list - Documenting Performance <http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/DOCUMENTING-PERFORMANCE>

  Dr Toni Sant
  Director of Research

  School of Arts and New Media
  University of Hull - Scarborough Campus
  Filey Road, Scarborough - YO11 3AZ

  Email: [log in to unmask]
  Web: http://www.tonisant.com

Based on an award-winning 160-acre Campus near Liverpool,
Edge Hill University has over 125 years of history as an innovative,
successful and distinctive higher education provider.
*Shortlisted for Times Higher Education University of the Year in 2007,2010 and 2011
*Top four in England for Graduate Employment (HESA 2010 and 2011)
*Top three in England for students' Personal Development and Assessment & Feedback (NSS 2011, from 93 English public full universities)
*Highest ranked university in 'The Sunday Times Best Places to Work in the Public Sector 2010'
*Grade 1 'Outstanding' judgements made in all 33 inspection cells, (Ofsted 2011)

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Edge Hill or associated companies.  Edge Hill University may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and business communications during staff absence.