Help for MERSENNE Archives

MERSENNE Archives

MERSENNE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MERSENNE Home

MERSENNE  April 2012

MERSENNE April 2012

2013 International Congress: reminder and updates

James Sumner <[log in to unmask]>

James Sumner <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Apr 2012 11:22:25 +0100

Dear all

The call for symposium submissions for the 24th International Congress
of History of Science, Technology and Medicine closes in four weeks'
time (Monday 30 April). If you are preparing a symposium, please make
sure you are familiar with the proposal submission arrangements:
http://www.ichstm2013.com/call/

If you're still seeking contributors, don't forget that you can add to
our suggestions page:
http://ichstm2013.wikispaces.com/

Congress updates in brief:

* The general outline of the Congress programme, including the start and
end times, proposed social receptions and dinner, is now available:
http://www.ichstm2013.com/programme/

* If you're planning a symposium, now is the time to start thinking
about possible excursions or site visits which might be of interest to
your attendees. Outline details of visits to be included in the Congress
programme will be needed by November. Further information from our website:
http://www.ichstm2013.com/visits/

* Our guide to "Things to see and do" in Manchester and North-West
England has been expanded:
http://www.ichstm2013.com/explore/

* We're very pleased to announce that the Third DHST Prize for Young
Scholars will be awarded at the Congress in Manchester. The prize is
awarded every four years by the IUHPS/DHST, and is open to anyone who
has received a doctoral degree in the history of science or technology
no earlier than July 2008. The deadline for receipt of applications is
Friday 31 August 2012. Submission forms are available from the Congress
website:
http://www.ichstm2013.com/

Please forward this announcement to any appropriate lists.

Best regards,
James Sumner (for the iCHSTM2013 Local Organising Committee)