Help for LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK Archives

LIS-LINK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-LINK Home

LIS-LINK  April 2012

LIS-LINK April 2012

Job opportunity - records manager, London

Jan Booth <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Apr 2012 09:27:12 +0100

Records Manager
London

28,300 - 30,799 per annum including London Market Allowance

This post attracts a generous benefits package, including 32 days' leave and Civil Service pension arrangements, and benefits from a range of family-friendly policies

The British Council is a world leader in cultural relations, building long-term relationships and trust between people in the UK and other countries, for mutual benefit. The programmes we use to do this are wide-ranging and cover the arts, education, English, science and society. We strive to be continuously innovative to ensure that we represent the best of the UK and are relevant to the needs of the thousands of people we work with around the world. We operate in 238 cities in 110 countries and territories.

Based in the UK, the Council's Information and Knowledge Management team (IKM) champion and support efficient, effective and legally compliant information management. The role of Records Manager is a key one in IKM. The Records Manager is a qualified professional working alongside other information professionals to deliver an integrated portfolio of tools, support and expertise to the whole organisation.

Key responsibilities for the Records Manager include:
*	Ensuring the ongoing development and application of the British Council's records retention policy
*	Maintaining and developing the British Council's approach to records classification
*	Maintaining and developing the British Council's approach to controlled vocabularies
*	Helping to develop the systematic application of security markings to British Council records
*	Developing internal and external relationships and raising awareness of records management within the Council

You will have:
*	Records management experience in a corporate setting
*	Experience of records retention policy and procedures
*	Experience of developing and deploying approaches to electronic records management
*	Experience of the secure handling of sensitive information
*	Experience of promoting records management services internally
*	Experience of developing and delivering training

Closing date: 16 April 2012.  It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 23 April 2012

For further information visit www.britishcouncil.org/new/about-us/jobs/folder_jobs/current-vacancies/
Completed applications should be returned to: [log in to unmask]

The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.

The United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities.  A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).

The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We are a registered charity; 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland). We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. We call this cultural relations.

This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it. The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message.