LIS-E-RESOURCES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

LIS-E-RESOURCES Home

LIS-E-RESOURCES  April 2012

LIS-E-RESOURCES April 2012

Re: Decreasing usage statistics

Stephanie Watson <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:22:16 +0100

Dear Brian,

Thanks for this. I will take a look at the documents. Certainly we tend to find that discussion lists are very hard to enthuse beyond announcements, however I belong to lis-copyseek which is an absolutely brilliant resource for all copyright issues and does seem to have discussion. For professional information I often think it's easier to use something like lis-link rather than go to individual sites or join facebook. I think there may be a fair bit of off-list activity which isn't documented as certain areas can be a little sensitive to talk about in detail on the lists.

As regards to users, we are aligned to a Knowledge Services department which has a long history of encouraging online discussion, some are more successful than others...

You may find the following interesting if not too far off track;
[log in to unmask]&ad=1" target="_blank">http://community.eldis.org/?233@@[log in to unmask]&ad=1

Best wishes,

Stephanie