Re: [cnsbb] MTZ label

"Edward A. Berry" <[log in to unmask]>

Edward A. Berry

Sat, 14 Apr 2012 11:36:18 -0400

Dear Sunil,

I think you can do this with the ccp4i gui-
In the category "Reflection Data Utilities"
select "Edit mtz file (sftools)"
One of the panels is "Change column labels and types" with options to
edit labels or add new label. But Surprise, there are no labels in the list!
This is because the list is labels you have selected for the output file.
You have to click "add another label" and you will get to choose from the
labels in the input file, and change the labe and/or (probably not a good
idea) change its type.

However I don't think you need to change labels to run Amore-
If you are running amore from the ccp4i gui, start the main amore task,
right under the box where you select mtz file with input data,there
are two drop-down menus labeled FP and Sigma. The items to select
are all the labels in the mtz file, so you select the ones corresponding
to FP and Sigma

If you still have trouble, I suggest to subscribe to ccp4bb

Phaser is another very useful molecular replacement program you should try.
You can run it from the CCP4 Gui if it is installed.

HTH!