MOODLE-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Monospaced Font

MOODLE-UK Home

MOODLE-UK  April 2012

MOODLE-UK April 2012

Re: Importing into a Book

"Drumm, Louise" <[log in to unmask]>

UK Moodle Users JISCMail list <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:19:56 +0100

Fred, I've been struggling with the same problem i.e. how to get WebCT learning modules into Moodle 2.2. The book plug-in does not have an import function in Moodle 2 but what I discovered from the Moodle Moot in Dublin last week is that the book will be part of the core of Moodle 2.3. Whether that will have an import function, I'm not sure but it probably explains why the developer hasn't got around to adding it to the Moodle 2 plug-in.

At the moment I'm dithering between a) copying and pasting each HTML page into new chapters in a book (ugh!) b) creating ToC & navigation links between the pages and importing as a website (as very helpfully suggested below) or c) wrapping each learning module up in a PDF until we upgrade to 2.3.

Best regards,
Louise

Louise Drumm
Learning Technologist
Faculty of Health, Life & Social Sciences
Edinburgh Napier University